International Advisor Role and Responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of members of the international Advisory board include:
- Support theJTSand its Editorial Board by guiding and sharing the best practices, experiences and ideas.
- Act as an active advisory body to the Chief Editor and Editorial Board regarding issues related to strategic planning and direction of JTS.
- Consolidating JTSinternational reputation, recognized for their excellence and help suggest methods towards ever-increasing readership.
- Encouraging and promoting the submission of high quality manuscripts to JTS.
- Suggesting theme for special issue of JTS (if any international conferences or similar activities occur – if needed).
Peer Review Policy
The peer review process is to ensure that only excellent and quality manuscript is published. All manuscripts are peer reviewed following the procedure outlined below.
1) Initial Manuscript Evaluation
The Editor evaluates all submitted manuscripts.
If the manuscript is very excellent, it is possible for a manuscript to be accepted at this stage.
Also, the manuscript can be rejected at this stage, if the content of the manuscript is notoriginal or has serious inaccurate data and research findings or has poor Tamil writing, or is outside of the aims and scope of the JTS.
The manuscript that is accepted in this stage will be passed on to atleast 2 experts for reviewing process.
2) Type of Peer Review
Double blind reviewing process is the type of review, where both the reviewer and the author(s) remain unidentified through the review process that until the article is published.
3) Reviewer Selection
Two reviewers are chosen based on their expertise that matches with the content of the manuscript submitted.
4) Reviewer reports
Reviewer will evaluate the manuscript based on criteria defined below:
- Proper methodology
- Follows appropriate ethical guidelines
- Present a clear results and discussion, which support the conclusions
- Accurate and adequate references cited in the manuscript.
- Tamilgrammar and language
- The timerequired for the reviewprocess is estimated to be three-five weeks after the reviewer agree to review.
- If the decision is to revise the manuscript, the revised manuscripts will be returned to the initial reviewer for evaluation process.
5) Final Decision
The Editor will inform the final decision to accept or to reject the manuscript to the author(s).Author(s) will be notified about the Editorial decision within eight weeks from the date of manuscript receipt.
Manuscripts must be prepared according to instruction given and submitted through the online submission system. Authors should first register at the university site through JTS. All authors are required to submit the articles here, after registering through the university site for JTS, http://ejournal.upsi.edu.my/index.php/JTS
The names and e-mail addresses once entered in this journal site during submission will be used for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
There is no separate submission fee for JTS and it’s free of cost.
Manuscript submissions are checked with anti-plagiarism software for exact or near-exact matches in the public domain to satisfy the Editor that the submitted manuscript has not been plagiarised. However, when authors submit their manuscripts for consideration in the Journal, they declare that their work is not plagiarised.
Plagiarism takes place when one author deliberately uses another’s work without permission, credit, or acknowledgment. Authors must always remember that accepting the work of others is dominant. Authors should always place their work in the context of the advancement of the field, and acknowledge the findings of the research.