Editors and Advisors Roles & Responsibilities
Editors Roles and Responsibilities
1. Screening the submitted manuscripts for possible publication in SAECJ.
The Editor may reject the manuscript without further review because of redundancy with recent material, or the manuscript quality is not sufficient to merit further attention and it is deemed too specialized for SAECJ readership.
2. Responsibility on technical features.
The Editor should ensure that every technical aspect of the manuscript is fulfilled by the author(s) before proceeding to reviewing process. Factors that must be considered in this area include the manuscript format, quality and size of figures and tables, and proofreading. The manuscript needs to be proofread for proper English usage, including grammar, punctuation, spelling, and overall style by the authors/Professional English Proofreading Services.
3. Responsibility on ethical policies.
Manuscript checks will be done on possible plagiarism, multiple submission of the same material to other journals, or disagreements related to various aspects of authorship would be relevant examples.
4. Managing the peer review of a manuscript.
The Editor need to manage the peer review process of the manuscript. Starting from finding appropriate peer reviewers, communicate with the authors and reviewers via the provided system and manage the repeated reviews. The manuscript will be handled by Editor until it reaches publication stage.
5. Finding appropriate peer reviewers.
When searching for potential reviewers, please provide for each potential reviewer, their title, full name, email full contact information and specific reason/criteria for selection of Editor’s suggestion. Minimum two (2) reviewers are needed to carry out the reviewing process.
6. Deciding the final decision on the revised manuscript.
Once peer review has been completed by peer reviewers or editors, the Editor has to determine whether the decisions to accept, reject, or the revision needs to be done again.
7. Keep all information confidential.
Please note that you must keep all the information we share with you in the strictest confidence.
8. Play a role as a strategic planner.
Editors should anticipate having their journals recognized for their excellence. Therefore the Editors should play a role as a strategic planner for SAECJ by help suggest methods towards improving, planning future direction and ensuring an ever-increasing readership of SAECJ.
9. Become as an Ambassador of SAECJ.
The editors need to encourage prospective authors to submit excellent material for possible publication in SAECJ. Furthermore, the Editor must motivate the reader to read, ponder, and implement the information provided in SAECJ. Editors constantly ask colleagues and associates to consider SAECJ when they are about to submit a manuscript for publication consideration.
Advisors Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the SAECJ and its Editorial Board by guiding and sharing the best practices, experiences and ideas to the SAECJ.
- Act as an advisory body to the Chief Editor and Editorial Board regarding issues related to strategic planning and direction of SAECJ.
- Consolidating SAECJ international reputation, recognized for their excellence and help suggest methods towards ever-increasing readership.
- Encouraging and promoting the submission of high quality manuscripts to SAECJ, by personally contacting authors and assisting with outreach to more international and expert authors/readers.
- Identifying reviewers to become part of SAECJ reviewer database.
- Suggesting theme for special issue of SAECJ (if required).