The purpose of this section is to provide proper guidelines for the preparation of articles or manuscripts to publish in the Journal of Valartamil. The guidelines provided here will guide the author of the article or manuscript to write and to prepare it.
- Theme: None at the moment.
- Length: 8 - 12 pages, including tables, graphs and references.
- Spacing: Single space
- Paper size: A4
Margins: Top – 1in (2.5cm)Bottom – 1in (2.5cm)Left - 1.5in (3.8cm)Right – 1in (2.5cm)
Page numbers: Bottom right
Font (and font size): Tamil Arial Unicode MS (11” size)
A brief bio-data with a maximum of 50 words
Kindly refer to the checklist for submission before sending the manuscript to the JoV for review. Kindly make sure that the following matters are included.
- Research articles must be submitted in Tamil language only.
- The articles submitted should be attached with a covering letter that states the novelty and the reason why the article is suitable for the JoV.
- Articles should be in MS Word, 1.15 spacing with wide margin (2.5 cm) and 11” font type Tamil Arial Unicode.
- Articles should start with the title pageprinted at the top centre of the page.
Division of Full Research Articles
- Title of the article
- Author(s) Affiliation with address and e-mail id.
- Keywords (maximum of 6 keywords)
- Problem statement
- Objectives of the study
- Results and Discussion
- Conclusion and Recommendation/Scope for further studies
- Acknowledgements and
The TITLE of the article should be concise and informative. It should be at the Top Center text with the size of 14”.
The Name of AUTHOR(s), their AFFILIATIONS (where the work was carried out) and contact details of the corresponding author along with e-mail address are compulsory.
Conclusions should be based on the findings of the study. Also, the achievements of the study should be given. It should be brief and conclusive. Further, the recommendations based on the study should be included if needed. Moreover, the scope for further studies in this field of study should be added if necessary.
This section is not compulsory. The Fund agency or the contributorshould be acknowledged. The Funding agency (written out in full), grant number (in brackets), multiple grant numbers and agencies (separated by comma and space), should be included in the acknowledgement section. The full name of the contributor with address should be included.
e.g. Marimuthu,Pandiyan, R. 2019. Journal of Language, 12, 11-17.
e.g. Marimuthu, Pandiyan, R. 2017. Reading Skills, Chidambaram: Annamalai University Press.
- Once the research article is ACCEPTED for publication in JTS, the article cannot be published elsewhere.
- The authorities of JTS have the RIGHT to publish the paper in any materials form.
- Tables/figures/copyrighted material used from other Publications should get proper PERMISSION from the corresponding publishers to grant them the right to publish the material in their article.
- Manuscript should beERROR FREE and theGRAMMAR and SPELLING should be double checked. Manuscript should demonstrate excellent level of English language, grammar, punctuation, spelling and overall style of scientific writing.
- KindlyENSURE that all references mentioned in the Reference List are cited in the text.
- Before editorial process, authors are NOTIFIED on receipt of an article.
- The editorial DECISION regarding publication will be notified as soon as the decision is taken.
- All the articles will be PEER-REVIEWED by double blind reviewers as well as independent Editor by JTS Editorial Members. Decisions regarding the publication of a manuscript will be based on the JTS Editorial Board's recommendations.