This section provides specific guidelines for the preparation of articles to be published in Jurnal Munsyi.
- Article length: 6000 to 8000 words, excluding footnotes and bibliography
- All articles must use footnote and bibliography format - Name. Year of Issue. Title. Place of publication: Publisher.
- Skip: Skip a line (Double-spacing)
- Paper size: A4
- Margin: Top – 1in (2.5cm) Bottom – 1in (2.5cm)
Left - 1.5 in (3.8cm)
Right – 1in (2.5cm)
- Page number: Bottom, right
- Font: Times New Roman, 12
- Abstract not exceeding 250 words (In Malay and English). Also include FIVE relevant keywords.
- All articles must be preceded by the following rules: TITLE, AUTHOR'S NAME, AFFILIATION, EMAIL and ABSTRACT
Please complete the following checklist to facilitate the delivery and review of journal articles.
- Articles can be submitted in Malay or English only.
- Submitted articles must be accompanied by a cover letter stating the reasons justifying the article being accepted for publication in the MUNSYI journal.
- Every article in Malay must be accompanied by an abstract in English. Vice Versa.
- Please include a brief biodata of the author in a separate file.
- Title (no more than 12 words)
- Author Name, Affiliation, Email.
- Findings and Discussion
The abstract must be clear, concise and convey the purpose of the written article. It should contain the objective of the article, the importance of the article, methodology, research findings and conclusions. Abstract not exceeding 250 words.
Keywords: Include five keywords relevant to the article.
The introduction covers the background of the study and the importance of the study. It is also a preface to the entire article presented.
FINDINGS AND DISCUSSION
The findings of the study and discussion must be presented clearly and concisely. This journal encourages the use of a compact historical writing style and direct to the point of the article.
Figures, pictures and tables can be included in the text. All figures, pictures and tables must be numbered in the following order: Table 1, Table 2 or Figure 1, Figure 2 and so on. The title of each figure, picture and table is written at the bottom, center.
Conclusions are made based on the findings and discussion of the study results. It can also include elements of the author's suggestions and ideas about the results of his research.
This section is optional. The author may include it if necessary to express appreciation to the sponsor for the research conducted for the purpose of the article. Please provide complete information about the intended sponsor or party.
Reference style must be consistent throughout the article. Please use the American Psychological Association (APA) style for reference purposes whether footnotes or bibliography.
Examples are as follows:
Author (Surname, First Name.) Year. Article Title. Name of Journal, Volume, Page.
example: Feith, Herbert. 1970. Article Title. Journal of Southeast Asian Studies, 3, 12-19.
Chapters in the Book:
Author (Surname, First Name). Year. Title, in: Book title, Place of publication: Publisher, Page.
Vickers, Adrian. 2016. Balinese Art in Indonesian History, in: Art and Literature in Indonesian History, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 91-107.
References in the book:
Author (Surname, First name. Year. Book title, Place: Publisher.
Eg: Syed Hussein Alatas, 2016. Mitos Peribumi Malas, Kuala Lumpur: Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka.
- Articles sent to Munsyi journal cannot be sent to other places at the same time. Articles published in the Munsyi journal also cannot be published in any other journal.
- The authority at Jurnal Munsyi reserves the right to publish articles submitted in any form of publication.
- All relevant materials and information presented in the article must first obtain permission from the parties involved.
- All articles sent must be checked and perfect in terms of language and sentence structure.
- Please ensure that all references in the footnotes are included in the bibliography section.
- Authors will be informed about the status of article acceptance before the editorial process begins,
- All publication-related decisions will be notified immediately after the decision is reached by the editors' meeting.
- All articles will undergo a 'Peer-review' process by two 'blind reviewers' and an editor appointed by the journal. Decisions related to publication depend on recommendations by the editors of the Munsyi journal.