The purpose of this section is to provide proper guidelines for the preparation of articles or manuscripts to publish in Al-Makrifah Journal. The guidelines provided here will guide the author of the article or manuscript to write and to prepare it.
1. Theme: None at the moment.
2. Length: 4000-7000 words (depending on the subject matter), including tables, graphs
3. Spacing: Single space
4. Paper size: A4
5. Margins: Top - 1 inch (2.5cm)
Bottom - 1 inch (2.5cm)
Left - 1.5 inch (3.8cm)
Right -1 inch (2.5cm)
6. Page numbers: Bottom middle
7. Font (and font size): Times New Roman (12” size)
8. Others: Nil
Manuscript Format of Al-Makrifah Journal
Types of contributions: Research articles.
Research articles should be a maximum of 7000 words (12 - 15 pages) which has not been published anywhere previously or has not been under processing for publication elsewhere.
The articles should include an abstract of 250 words.
Kindly refer to the checklist for submission before sending the manuscript to Al-Makrifah Journal for review. Kindly make sure that the following matters are included.
Research articles must be submitted in Malay and English language only.
The articles submitted should be attached with a covering letter that states the novelty and the reason why the article is suitable for al-Makrifah Journal.
Articles should be in MS Word, 1.15 spacing with wide margin (2.5 cm) and 12” font type Times New Roman.
Articles should start with the title page printed at the top centre of the page.
Division of Full Research Articles
Title of the article
Author (s) Affiliation with address and e-mail id.
Abstract (Malay and English)
Keywords (maximum of 5 keywords)
Findings and Discussion
The TITLE of the article should be concise and informative. It should be at the Top Center text with the size of 16”.
The Name of AUTHOR(s), their AFFILIATIONS (where the work was carried out) and contact details of the corresponding author along with e-mail address are compulsory.
Abstract should be a brief summary of the research work conducted. It must include a summary of the purpose of the research, problem statement, objectives, research method used, results and discussion, conclusions, recommendation and future scope of the work. An abstract should be presented separately from the article, usually the top page (front) of the article. References, non-standard abbreviations should be avoided. The commonly used abbreviations should be defined in the text and not in abstract. Also, an abstract must not exceed 250 words.
Keywords: Kindly provide a maximum of 5 keywords related to the study.
Introduction includes the background of the study, objectives, research problem and significance of the study.
The background of the study and the importance of the study such as definition, focus issue, previous studies, discussion etc. (Times New Roman, font 12, 1.5 spacing for texts in a paragraph, justified).
Kindly provide adequate details on the research methodology of this study. Data collection method and the type of research method used should be described in this section.
FINDINGS AND DISCUSSION
Results and discussion should be perfect and concise. Extensive citations should be avoided.
Figures and the tables should be included in the single file and placed next to the relevant text in the manuscript.
Tables: Tables (Table 1, Table 2, ...) should be presented as part of the text.
A descriptive title or caption should be sited above each table with serial numbers.
Figures/Graphs: Figures/Graphs (Figure 1/Graph 1, Figure 2/Graph 2, ...) also should be presented as part of the text.
The title or caption should be sited centred below the figure with serial numbers.
Conclusions should be based on the findings of the study. Also, the achievements of the study should be given. It should be brief and conclusive. Further, the recommendations based on the study should be included if needed. Moreover, the scope for further studies in this field of study should be added if necessary.
This section is not compulsory. The funding agency or the contributor should be acknowledged. The Funding agency (written out in full), grant number (in brackets), multiple grant numbers and agencies (separated by comma and space), should be included in the acknowledgement section. The full name of the contributor with the address should be included.
References format should be consistent for the entire references list. All the references cited in the article must be included in references. Kindly follow the American Psychological Association (APA) style of citation.
Examples (e.g.) are given here:
Reference to a Journal Publication:
Author (Surname, First Name. Year. Journal Name, Volume, Page.
e.g. Makki, Elsayed, 2019. Journal of Language, 3, 12-19.
Reference to a Chapter from Book:
Author (Surname, First Name (initial, if any.). Year. Chapter Title, in: Book Title, Place:
Publisher, Page. e.g.
Anas, Muhammad. 2018. Arabic Grammar, in: Al-Jazeera, Khartoum: Nur Publishers, 91-107.
Reference from Book:
Author (Surname, First Name (initial, if any.). Year. Book Title, Place: Publisher. e.g. Siddiq, Omer, 2019. Maharat Al-Luqah, Tanjung Malim: UPSI University Press.
- Once the research article is ACCEPTED for publication in Al-Makrifah Journal, the article cannot be published elsewhere.
- The authorities of Al-Makrifah Journal have the RIGHT to publish the paper in any materials form.
- Tables/ figures/ copyrighted material used from other Publications should get proper PERMISSION from the corresponding publishers to grant them the right to publish the material in their article.
- Manuscript should be ERROR FREE and the GRAMMAR and SPELLING should be double checked. Manuscript should demonstrate excellent level of English language, grammar, punctuation, spelling and overall style of scientific writing.
- Kindly ENSURE that all references mentioned in the Reference List are cited in the text.
- Before the editorial process, authors are NOTIFIED on receipt of an article.
- The editorial DECISION regarding publication will be notified as soon as the decision is taken.
- All the articles will be PEER-REVIEWED by double blind reviewers as well as independent Editor by Al-Makrifah Journal Editorial Members. Decisions regarding the publication of a manuscript will be based on Al-Makrifah Journal Editorial Board's recommendations.