The five-step process for article submission:
- JICTIE follows a double-blind peer-reviewing process.
- As a part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The article for submission must be previously unpublished elsewhere and should represent an original contribution in the dedicated fields.
Article Writing Format
- Authors are requested to submit two versions of the article using the given JICTIE Article Template. The first version is the article submission with affiliation (including the author's name, university, and email address. The second version is the article submission without affiliation for double-blind review purposes.
- For the first submission for both versions, any self-identifying citation, references, or acknowledgment section (if any) in the article should be avoided or left blank.
- Authors are urged to follow the given article template for formatting instructions including title, email, corresponding authors, abstract, keywords, section headings, citation, references, font, paragraph break, and margins as indicated in the article template.
- Submissions that do not adhere to these instructions will be returned to the authors.
- Authors are responsible for obtaining permission for the use of any copyrighted materials, including images or graphics.
- JICTIE uses the OJS system for managing and publishing its articles scholarly.
- Authors must submit the two versions of the articles in Microsoft Word, Open Office, Google Docs, or Rich Text Format (RTF). PDF files are not acceptable.
- JICTIE has an ongoing submission process; articles can be submitted anytime.
- Deadlines for each issue for published on the website. Please refer to the Call for Submission
- No charge for article submission or for each article accepted for publication.
- JICTIE uses Turnitin for plagiarism checking. JICTIE only tolerates 20% of the similarity index for all articles.
- The submitted article is first read by the Chief Editor and the Associate Editor.
- Next, the article will proceed to the editorial board. Once the article has been assessed for suitability by the editors, it will then be double-blind peer-reviewed by independent, anonymous expert reviewers, typically by two reviewers, but sometimes more if special advice is needed (depending on the complexity of the article).
- The reviewers will make their decision regarding the article based on the following possibilities:
- Accept Submission, OR
- Revisions Required, OR
- Resubmit for review, OR
- Resubmit elsewhere, OR
- Decline submission.
- In the event of conflicting decisions from the reviewers, the Chief Editor, Associate Editor, and the editorial board will make a decision to resent the manuscript to a third reviewer or the manuscript will be returned to original reviewers for further advice, particularly in cases where there are disagreement among the reviewers.
- The editors will try to evaluate the strength of the arguments raised by each reviewer and will consider other information not available to the reviewers. Foremost, the responsibility of the editors is to the readers of the journal and how best to serve the scientific community at large.
- The review process will normally take around two months.
Copyediting and Schedule for Publication
- After the reviewing process ends, the article will undergo for copyediting process done by the Associate Editor.
- The copyedited article will be sent back to the corresponding author for verification before publication.
- A copyright transfer form must be completed before publishing the article.
- Once verified, the article will be published on the JICTIE Website.