Publication Ethics & Policy
The Malaysian Journal of Music follows the editorial guidelines recommended by the Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE). Papers will be accepted or rejected on the basis of importance in the field, originality and clarity of writing. In addition, the alignment with the stated scope and remit of the journal will be evaluated.
The Malaysian Journal of Music is double blind peer reviewed. The editorial processes follow the standard procedures below:
1. Call for submissions
2. Article submissions and acknowledgements
3. Initial evaluation
4. Allocation of reviewers based on article content
5. Reviewing process
6. Author re-submissions if necessary
7. Further editing and processing
8. Evaluation for publication
Code of Conduct for Authors
1. Authors must follow the published guidelines as set out on this website [Link].
2. The submitted article must be unpublished, and not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
3. Plagiarism checks will be carried out by MJM, but authors are expected to ensure that originality and correct
4. citation processes are followed.
5. Copyright for images, musical examples, etc, are the responsibility of the author.
6. A copyright transfer form must be completed.
7. The identity of reviewers will not be disclosed to authors.
Code of Conduct for Peer-Review
Code of Conduct for Editors
Code of Conduct for Publishers