Beginning 2019, the Malaysian Journal of Music will incur a fee for each article published in the journal.
A fee pf RM 1,000 or USD 250 will be incurred for every article approved for publication. Fee will only be incurred when the editorial board approves the author's article for publication. Once notified, the author will have to pay the journal through the university treasury before his/her article can be published online.
The purpose of the fee is not commercial but aims to
1. Fulfil the Ministry of Education's (previous Ministry of Higher Education) fifth shift toward financial sustainability from each organisation. (Please see the Malaysian Education Blueprint 2015-2020)
2. Provide some income for editorial work conducted beyond the core responsibilities of the members to their institution. These works includes the managing and editing processes required to refine the quality of the article.
How to pay publication fee
Bank in or transfer RM 1000/USD 250
Addressed to: Bendahari UPSI
Account No: 08068010003264
Bank Account: Bank Islam Malaysia Berhad (BIMB)
1. Swift code - BIMBMYKLXXX
2. Branch address - Ground & First Floor, No. 33 & 35, Jalan Bunga Anggerik, 35900, Tg. Malim, Perak
3. Account owner - Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris
4. Owner address - Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, 35900, Tg. Malim, Perak
5. Branch name - Tg. Malim
Note: It is important to email the payment receipt and 'Consent to Publish' form to email@example.com. In addition, please attach them to "Add Discussion" section in the review section for formal documentation. MJM will not know that you have paid the fee if you do not notify us.